Softonic is a browser plug-in that is offered for free to be users. This toolbar allows you to connect and enjoy the services offered by the softonic website. It is compatible with most web browsers and is quite easy to install. Once you install the toolbar, you will be able to undertake various web functions like searching the web for content, streamed music and videos and even checking the weather. Softonic offers Macs, PCs as well as mobile devices a wide array of software. This toolbar will add updates and news on your web browser. It is downloaded as a single entity and is either names softonic or softonic toolbar. While this toolbar may be helpful, it can be quite annoying for various reasons. If you feel that this toolbar is not too helpful to you, you can remove it following simple softonic toolbar removal steps.
Why you should remove the softonic toolbar
The problem with the softonic toolbar is that it will introduce tons of browser add-ons to our PC. When you download products from softonic.com, you will have your personal information saved by the softonic website and this allows them to keep track of your browser trends. Just like any other toolbar, softonic will slow down your browser and this makes it annoying as you are forced to wait for long before programs load.
Softonic toolbar removal guide
Whether the softonic toolbar is becoming problematic or not, it is always a good idea to get rid of any toolbar on your browser. As much as these toolbars are meant to make browsing easier, they do more harm than good to your browser. The softonic toolbar removal process is quite easy and only takes a few minutes. To remove softonic toolbar:
- From the start menu, you can launch the run program and type “appwiz.cpl” minus the quotes and click on the search button.
- From the installed programs lists, click on the softonic toolbar and then the remove or uninstall button.
- When prompted, type in the password to the administrator and confirm that you are sure you want to uninstall the toolbar.
- Allow the uninstalling wizard to remove the toolbar.
- Once the process is completed, close the browser and restart it.