Before installing the Skype click to call plugin, it is important to learn what it is, why it is used and how you can remove it incase you no longer need it. The Skype click to call plugin is a web based toolbar that has been redesigned to be compatible with chrome and Firefox. It is offered by Skype as a standalone and it comes with Skype installer. When the Skype click to call plugin is installed, your browser recognizes names, websites, phone numbers and even email messages, and it highlights them using the Skype icon. To make a call to any of these addresses, all you have to do is click on the contact and the call is made.
How to turn off and remove Skype click to call plugin
It is easy to disable the Skype click to call functionality on the web. All you need to do is sign in to your desktop Skype. Navigate to the tools menu and click on options. You will then click on advanced and click on the ‘use Skype to call links on web’ to uncheck it. This disables the Skype click to call plugin.
However, to permanently remove Skype click to call plugin, it will need to be removed permanently from your browser.
How to remove Skype click to call plugin
This can be difficult to manage depending on the browser one uses. However, there is the basic way of removing the plugin. To permanently remove the Skype click to call plugin you should follow the steps below;
- Close the running browsers on your machine.
- Navigate to the control panel from the start button.
- Go to the programs and features and click on uninstall program.
- From the drop down list, select the Skype click to call program.
- Click on the uninstall button to remove the program from your browser.
- A window will pop up that will ask whether you want to change, remove or repair the click to call plugin, you need to click on the remove button.
It is important to know that removing Skype click to call does not mean that Skype can no longer function. In case you experience problems when removing the Skype click to call, you can repair the plugin and remove it again by following the steps above.