Working on a browser loaded with a number of toolbars is really a mess. It is much required then to remove all the unwanted toolbars from the browser. The extra toolbars may cause your browser speed to slow down and can also cause crashing problems. Adding to this they may cause other issues like sending information to others and may raise security issues also. We will explain here how to remove unwanted toolbars from Chrome browser. There are two ways by which we can remove the toolbars from Chrome. First is to remove it through Control Panel and if it is not present in programs list then the second way is to remove from browser extensions list.
Removing toolbars through Control Panel
- Close Google Chrome browser.
- Go the Start Menu in the system. Look out for the “Control Panel” option there.
- Click on it to open the Control Panel Options.
- Select “Add/Remove Programs”. Here you will find all the list of installed programs in your system.
- Search for the unwanted toolbar program in the list. You can also scroll down to locate it if not visible directly.
- Click on it and click “Change/Remove” or “Uninstall” option.
- You will find simple instructions to uninstall it and after following them you will get the confirmation message that the toolbar program was successfully removed from your system.
- Restart your system to get the application completely removed from the System.
If you cannot find toolbar program in the Control Panel list then go for the process described below to remove it.
Removing toolbars through Extensions menu in Google Chrome
Go the Wrench icon and select Tools option and then Click on Extensions option. There are two buttons in front of the toolbar in the list. One is Enabled option with a checkbox in front of it and other is Bin button for removing it. If the toolbar is working in Google Chrome then checkbox will show checked and first we have to disable it by unchecking the check box. Then the Bin button will be clicked and the selected toolbar option will be disappeared from the list. Also do the same for all other toolbar programs to be removed. After restarting the browser the toolbar will be found removed from the Chrome browser.
You can also take the help of some third party tools to remove the toolbars from the Chrome browser. You can find these tools over the web and can download them and install them easily on your computer. By following some simple steps you can remove the unwanted toolbars from your Chrome browser. These tools can also be used for removing other type of installations in your computer.