A search toolbar lets you explore your web directly from the omnibox address bar that is usually at the top side of your browser. When you are searching for something from the search toolbar, the results are displayed on a search engine like the Google or any other that you might have selected as your search engine.
So what is Ask Toolbar For Chrome?
This is a toolbar that enables you to look or search for stuff on the web using the search engine, Ask.com. If you install it on Google chrome, it appears just above the page content and below the frame of the browser.
Reasons For Removing A Search Toolbar
- The very first reason you might want to do so is if the said toolbar defaults search to a search engine that doesn’t appeal to you. If this is the case, then you it may be interfering with your search experience and this is reason enough.
- Some search toolbars contain spyware that actually monitor the browser activity on that computer. This means that all the websites you visit will be logged. This is dangerous as you never know who is on the other end. This loophole could be used to acquire your personal information.
- Adware is also another common issue that comes along with some search toolbars. This means that they facilitate the delivery of annoying pop-up ads. These pop-ups can greatly interfere with the user experience when using the browser.
- Some search toolbars may be used by malicious persons to phish for personal data. You may be asked to provide personal information in order to use the toolbar. This is risky.
Uninstalling/disabling the Ask toolbar in Google chrome
If you want to know how to remove search toolbar in Google chrome then follow the instructions below.
To disable the toolbar;
- Navigate to the wrench on the top right hand corner of your browser and select tools from the dropdown menu.
- From the sub menu that appears select settings.
- From settings, navigate to extensions.
- Look for the Ask toolbar and disable it by un-checking the corresponding checkbox.
To uninstall Ask toolbar from Windows
- Navigate to the start menu and click on control panel.
- Go to programs and then click on uninstall a program.
- Find the Ask toolbar and select uninstall.