The data manager toolbar is installed along a freeware or a shareware application. These applications are also referred to as adware, and are regarded as potentially harmful programs. The data manager toolbar is, however, not a computer virus. It is known for changing the default home page of your personal computer. The toolbar gives room for other toolbar applications as well as adware programs to install on your computer.
This toolbar automatically installs without the knowledge of the computer user. The toolbar can also be a route for virus, malware and other dangerous malware into your computer. It is therefore important to ensure that all unwanted as well as unused toolbars are uninstalled and completely removed from your computer. Below is a guide to getting rid of data manager toolbar.
How to uninstall data manager toolbar
- Click on the start button that is at the bottom left hand side of your computer monitor.
- Click on the control panel. This option will appear after you have clicked on the start menu button.
- After clicking on the control panel, navigate to the ‘add or remove programs’ option. This will in turn display a list of all the installed programs that you have on your personal computer.
- From this list of installed programs, scroll down to find the data manager toolbar.
- Double click on it for options. From the options that will appear, click on the ‘uninstall’ or ‘remove’ option.
- When you click on the remove button, a pop-up question will appear, asking you whether you are sure you want to remove the data manager toolbar. This is a confirmation question. Click on ‘yes’. This will automatically start the process.
- Wait until the process is complete.
- Once the un-installation process is complete for the data manager toolbar, restart your computer. This is important since it allows the changes that you have made take effect.