While installing programs through installers, some unwanted toolbars get installed into the browsers of the users due to the user negligence. These toolbars may not be useful and can affect browser performance. Some can install adware programs and some can cause malware programs. Therefore it is very important to remove them from the browser. In this article we will explain how to remove a toolbar from chrome, your favorite browser.
Removing toolbar through Control Panel -
- Click the Start button on the left bottom corner of Windows screen.
- On the start menu options select the Control Panel option and click to open it.
- In the Control Panel window select the Uninstall a Program option
- In the program list opened, select the unwanted toolbar which you want to remove. Right click and select Uninstall to completely remove it from your system. After following instructions the toolbar program will be completely removed from the system. Restart to see the changes.
Removing toolbar through Extensions manager Chrome-
- Open the Chrome browser and go to the Gear icon which is on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the Gear icon and it will open the menu options. Click the Tools option to expand.
- In the Tools option expanded window select Extensions option.
- Click on Extensions will open the Extensions manager window. In the Extensions manager window search for the toolbar program you want to remove. Select the toolbar program when found.
- Click on the Delete icon which is present after the toolbar program. A warning window will open which will ask you for confirmation. Click “Remove” to confirm the removal of the toolbar. You need to restart the browser to see the toolbar removed successfully.