Recently Facebook viruses have been cropping up frequently and attacking a big number of Facebook users. These viruses propagate when a user clicks on malicious links sent by these viruses. It can be through victim’s chat window or through the wall posts. It also prorogates through luring videos which can attract users to click them. Time by time these Facebook viruses are becoming harder to discern. In this article we will explain how to remove a Facebook virus from your account if you are attacked by it.
Change your Facebook password-
- Log into your Facebook account and go to the gear icon on the top right.
- Click ‘Account Settings” in the options and the General Account Settings page will be coming.
- In the password section click the edit link next to password. Three text boxes will come.
- In the old password field type your old password and in the new password field type the new password.
- In the retype password field type the new password again to confirm.
- Click “Save Settings” to save the changes.
- Logout and login again with the new password to confirm the change.
Remove the app which is suspicious-
Any suspicious application can be the reason for Facebook virus. So remove any application in your account which you consider unwanted.
- Go to the gear icon on the right top of your Facebook account and click Privacy settings in the options.
- Click Apps link in the left navigation and the Application settings page will open.
- Select all the applications which you consider suspicious. Click remove button (X) in front of them to remove all of them.
Scan for virus through antivirus program
It will be better if you scan your computer for viruses. This can be done by trusted antivirus software which can be installed in your system for removing malwares. Investigate about a good antivirus program and install it in your computer. Run a full virus scan in your pc. If Facebook virus has been added to your computer then it will be detected by this program in the full scan. Give directions to your antivirus program to delete this virus completely from your system
Once you have changed your password, removed the apps and scanned the computer like above, inform your friends in Facebook that you have been attacked by a virus and do not click on any suspected link or video sent through your account. This will help you in saving your reputation and also prevent your friends being attacked by the Facebook virus. If you feel you can post on your wall also about this mishap.