Ghostery is a Firefox add-on that is unobtrusive and shows its users how many trackers are there in a specific web page which makes it easier for the user to control the information people get about them.
Ghostery has a user friendly program interface having the add-on resemble a ghost at the status tray of Firefox. Once it has detected scripts that are gathering information on a specific web page, there will appear a link which will show you how many trackers there are. Once you have clicked on that link, you can get names of the trackers and more information on the company they were tracking down.
The Ghostery interface enables you to block each tracker if you wish to do so thus ensuring that the information about your usage of the internet is not going to people you don’t trust. Even though Ghostery does not come with a file for help, it is quite informative and easy to get around.
How Ghostery can be beneficial for you
If you have always wanted to have an app that makes you invisible onlinen, then Ghostery is your one way ticket. It tracks more than 1200 trackers and provides you with a roll-call of the providers of behavioral data, web publishers and ad networks among other companies interested in your online whereabouts.
Ghostery will enable you learn more about each of the tracked companies; their privacy policies, business and technology and so on. Ghostery gives you control of deciding who can see your online activities and who can’t. Even so, you might want to know how to delete Ghostery and there are ways to do so safely.
Steps to uninstalling Ghostery
If you don’t need Ghostery on your machine anymore, you can delete it in two ways;
Delete Ghostery Method one
1) Close all applications
2) Open control panel and go to features and programs
3) In the task pane’s left hand click on installed updates
4) Scroll down until you see Ghostery , double-click then click on yes to the prompt
5) Follow the given instructions then reboot when you have been prompted to do so
Delete Ghostery Method two
- Download perfect uninstaller
- Ensure that all Ghostery related folders, process and files are closed
- Run the perfect uninstaller
- Try “uninstall function” then click the ‘ok’ button to skip pop-up
- Find directory for program location in hard drive
- Click “next” then follow screen prompts for completion of the process