Does the idea of using a search engine other than Google make you cringe? You are not alone. Many people prefer having Google as their default browser but this is not always the case. Sometimes your browser’s default search engine may default to a totally different search tool.
Google search engine is easy to use and lets you access internet faster as compared to other search tools. If you do not have the Google toolbar on your browser, this is how you could set Google as your default search engine;
Setting Google as my default search engine
These settings are easy to set with just a few clicks on your mouse.
- On the top right corner of your browser click on the tools icon.
- On the drop down menu choose manage add-ons
- On the menu that appears, select search provider on the left pane.
- Select Google and then click on “set as default”.
- On the search toolbar, click on the current default browser. This will be on the extreme left of the toolbar.
- A drop down menu of the available search engines will appear.
- Select Google. It should now be your default search engine.
Changing your search engine in Chrome
All web browsers have the option of changing search tools to suit your needs. While Google chrome uses Google search engines by default it may change after installation of certain software and extensions.
Below are the steps you ought to follow;
- Move your cursor to the icon that looks like a small wrench on the far right on the address bar on your computer. Click on it once to open a drop down menu.
- From this menu select options. On the pane on the left, select “basics”.
- Next to search, click on the drop down menu.
- This menu should give you the option of selecting Google as your default search provider.
Once you have followed the steps above, you can now start using Google to conduct your searches. You need not get tied down to a search engine you do not like just because it has been set as the default on your browser.