A pop up blocker is a program designed to stop the pop up windows, ads and other related applications from appearing on your computer screen when browsing online. This program is used to ensure that computers are protected against unwanted applications, keep your online privacy safe and make web browsing more productive. Aside from blocking pop ups, a lot of pop up blockers can also bar banner or flash ads in websites, defined computers from scripting exploits and restrain malicious cookies from your computer system. There are programs in this software category that work as standalone applications while other act as plug-ins for browsers. Therefore it is necessary to select the best pop up blocker for your browser.
How to select the best add on for Google chrome browser?
Pop up blocker is inbuilt in the Google chrome browser. Google chrome browser automatically prevent the pop ups from appearing and cluttering your screen. Whenever the browser blocks pop ups for the site an icon with a red cross appears in the address bar.
If in case you want a advanced version of pop up blocker with advanced features then follow these instructions:
- Launch the Google chrome browser, then go to the Google store.
- After opening Google store you will see an option of search.
- In the search field type free best pop up blocker and then hit enter. Then after hitting enter button you will see a list of add on.
- Now go through the features of these pop up blockers thoroughly one by one.
- After selecting one, click on the add button. A confirmation notice will be displayed, if you are sure then click on “ok”.